What is CBD?
- Cannabidiol (CBD) it is one of over 100 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
- Unlike the other known cannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is non-psychoactive.
What is CBD used for?
People are finding that CBD is useful for many conditions which have not responded well to conventional treatments. It is a new product so new ailments which CBD can help treat are being discovered every day. However people usually use CBD because it:
- may relieve pain and muscle spasms
- could reduce anxiety and depression
- may alleviate cancer-related symptoms and inhibit the spread of cancer cells
- may help with skin problems and illnesses like acne, psoriasis
- might help with neurological problems like epilepsy, sclerosis, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease
- may help with diabetes, substance abuse, mental disorders and certain types of cancers
Are there any side effects from using CBD?
Though CBD is generally well tolerated and considered safe, it may cause adverse reactions in some people like diarrhoea and fatigue.
CBD is also known to interact with several medications. Before you start using CBD oil, discuss it with your doctor to ensure your safety and avoid potentially harmful interactions. Also be careful if you are using food supplements with grapefruit elements.
What is CBD Oil?
A CBD oil or tincture is made by mixing a CBD extract from a cannabis plant into a base like MCT, olive or hemp seed oil.
What is MCT oil used together with CBD?
- MCT, short for medium-chain triglycerides, comes from coconut oil and palm oil.
- CBD oil is used for therapeutic purposes, whereas MCT oil is used for nutritional purposes and acts as a carrier oil that enhances the potency and preserves the quality of CBD.
- The role of MCT oil in CBD products is to allow a larger concentration of the CBD in your supplement to be absorbed into the bloodstream and begin acting quickly.
Can you get high from CBD?
CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid so it will not get you high in the way that marijuana gets you high. But CBD is known to be relaxing so you may feel a sort of subtle “high” and relaxation. In our products THC level is always below 0.2%.
Can I give my pet CBD (my dog, cat, etc.)?
- Yes. Pets can benefit from CBD for many of the same conditions as humans: pain, seizures, inflammation, and anxiety.
- CBD is safe to use for pets but their dosage will likely be much smaller than yours.
- Dogs have a higher concentration of cannabinoid receptors in their brain which means they are very sensitive to THC.
- We recommend you speak with a veterinarian (holistic veterinarian) before you start giving your pet CBD.
Can you overdose on CBD?
- CBD has been shown to be safe to use in high doses.
- CBD will not cause a fatal overdose. However it is possible to take too much CBD.
- A consequence of taking too much CBD is the increased chance of negative side effects like lethargy or drowsiness.
Is CBD oil addictive?
While nearly anything in the world can be addictive, no CBD is not known to be an addictive drug. In fact, CBD has shown strong potential to be a useful tool to help people break addictions to harmful substances.